Sunday, August 24, 2008

Chapter8-- Meeting the STARS


We all know there are lots of parks to Walt Disney World. Besides Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios, there is Epcot , Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. But I just love Magic Kingdom so much, I needed another day. Today is the day we actually meet some of the characters. I know I've seen pretty much all of them so far in the parades and things like that, but I wanted my picture taken. So, off we trot to Mickey's Toontown Fair.


Now there is a place right out of the cartoons. We see Minnie's house and Mickey's house, but before we go in there, we go into what looks like a big barn. Inside we choose the line that will take us to the Princesses. But, which ones? Finally it's our turn. We go into a room that is indeed fit for a princess, waiting for us is Cinderella, Belle and Sleeping Beauty. Each of them were kinda enough to take a photo with each of us, and sign our autograph book. They even took the time to chat a bit, and ask where we were from. I was particularly taken with Belle, she is my favorite of the princess's and her beautiful golden gown was just breathtaking! It shimmered in the light. Cinderella gave us tips on how to pose like a princess, and Sleeping Beauty was in her pretty pink gown, and was very sweet. I didn't want to leave, but being royalty, they had other matters to attend to. So, we set off to meet the mouse himself.


Mickey was nice enough to allow us a tour of his house. He seemed to be in the middle of some minor renovations, and there was some painting still in the works in the kitchen. In his back yard, we saw Pluto's dog house, and Mickey's shed. He had a few projects on the go. He has a lovely garden, and even his pumpkins are growing his trademark ears! In the far back of his yard, there was another barn we went into, and after a small wait, we had a private visit with him. He is a very gracious host, he shook our hands. But I was so excited,,I took his hand and told him I'd waited a very long time to meet him, and I was very happy. I put my arm around the friendly mouse and had my picture taken. I was thrilled! Talk about feeling like a kid! I really felt like jumping up and down, but I tried really hard to keep my composure. And I did to some degree.


Ok, so that was definitely the highlight of my trip. But there was still more to see and do. We spent the rest of the day visiting attractions and rides we hadn't had time for the previous days, we finally made it on Thunder Mountain, that was a long wait, but worth it. We paid another trip to the Haunted Mansion, it was just so much fun the first time. We tried some tasty treats, stopped into a few shops along the way, and then headed back to the hotel. As I was leaving, I kept turning around to see the castle, one last time. It was dark, and the castle was glowing. It truly is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Tomorrow is our last full day. My sister has been very patient with me and indulging me. Tomorrow its her choice, and she chooses Animal Kingdom.

No comments: