Thursday, August 28, 2008

Chapter 11-- A few things I learned...


The time between my first and second trip, I spend reading everything I could about Walt Disney World. Not only because I wanted to be prepared for my next vacation, but because i just wanted to know. Disney regularly offers free vacation planning DVD with no obligation. I have had a couple of these over the years, and no 2 are ever the same, plus they are becoming more and more entertaining. If memory serves, the first one I received was very "to the point", while the last one I received was very entertaining, and made me laugh more than once. But even with these DVD's, it still can't possibly cover everything there is to know.


During this blog, I am going to mention some of the extras I learned about. Now I am not an expert. I do not work for Disney, and I dont' pretend to know the in's and out's of everything. My suggestion is to research everything. However, when you don't know something exists, how can you research it. That's what I am hoping to help you with. Little things that might help you out if you knew about them. For example, the Dining Plan. I didn't take advantage of that, but next time I will. This is a feature that requires some research, because there are only some restaurants that work with the meal plan, and others that require advanced reservations. However, having a plan about you meals, certainly keeps you on a good budget, and schedule. There were days that we wanted to eat, and wasted alot of time looking for a place to eat. We often ended up just grabbing the first place we found. Which was usually a quick serve restaurants. They are great, dont' get me wrong. But my sister loves to try new things, and to accommodate that, we should have looked into reservations before we left. A Friend of mine did use the meal plan and made reservations in different parks, and was delighted with the fact that she and her family had no wait once they got to a restaurant were reservations were made, and usually these places were character dining. By doing this, they also got to experience a variety of menu's. I did try to make a reservation at Cinderella's Castle about a month and a half before I left, but it was already booked up, some even paying in advance!


Just a little bit of info on the meal plan. It covers a breakfast, lunch, a sit down meal and a snack. when you buy the meal plan, it is for much less than if you paid for each meal individually. I'm not going to tell you the price, because tomorrow it may be different, however, I can say that is it at a considerable savings to you. Some "sit down restaurant's" or a place you'll probably need a reservations, will require you to use 2 dinner meals. These are the more expensive restaurants, and are probably worth it. In these restaurants, Disney employes world class chef's. Certainly will be a wonderful dining experience. The kids will certainly enjoy too, and there will usually be some Disney character paying a visit.


So, the Disney Dining Plan is certainly something I suggest you look into. It might seem complicated when you first look at it, But remember that the Disney cast members are very helpful, and are happy to explain things to you. Those of you on a budget, or would rather have some extra cash for shopping will love it!

No comments: