Saturday, August 23, 2008

Chapter 7 -- The Magic Kingdom day 2


Well, day 2 and I'm rested and ready to go. It's a little chilly today, we actually had to wear a jacket. LOL, who cares, I'm in Disney World! The sun is shining, and I can't wait to get back to the beautiful Magic Kingdom. We took the bus, which isn't at all crowded and enjoy all the beautiful gardens on the ride there. Again I'm taking pictures and using my video camera, I want to capture everything.


Today, we are going to visit all the "lands" of the Magic Kingdom. We visit Pirates of the Caribbean, and take in the Jungle Cruise. I've got to say the Jungle Cruise was so enjoyable. Our tour guide was so funny, and kept us all laughing. What a thrill it must be to work in Disney. I think I'd go to work with a smile on my face everyday! On our way to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, we just happened to stumble on Woody and "Woody's Roundup". You know Woody, from "Toy Story"! Characters are walking around like that everywhere! There was quit a lineup for Thunder Mountain, so we decided to move along (very slowly) to Tomorrow land. We rode the go cars...had a laugh on those, and then headed for Space Mountain. We had a long wait for that ride, but, it was sooo worth it. It was a blast. When we got off the ride, my sister and I had to sit on the bench to "recoup" I was just laughing so hard, really enjoying everything.


As we left Tomorrow land, we noticed some activity in front of the Castle. All the characters were putting on a show. And what a show it was. The Prince and Princesses were dancing, Peter Pan was fighting Captain Hook, Mickey and Minnie and all their friends were battling the evil Fairy from Sleeping Beauty, and winning of course. The dancing , the music, the fireworks....what a show indeed. We didn't make it back to Thunder Mountain that day, we'll do that tomorrow. The day doesn't be long going by... We stake out a place to watch Spectro Magic. The very beautiful light parade. I could try to describe that, but words would never do it justice. The huge floats full of twinkling lights, Cinderella in her glass coach all lite up in lights, dancing fairies and butterflies...all to music just so beautiful.


Once the parade is over, we now just have to wait a short time for the Wishes fireworks display. My sister goes to the bakery on Main St. to get us a piece of cake and a hot chocolate. Yummm, that hits the spot. We stand in the middle of Main St. and all the lights on the buildings go down, and it begins. The most magical display of fireworks ever! Wishes is what Disney is all about, and we can hear quotes from famous Disney movies. Pinocchio saying "I wish I was a real boy!" Snow White wishing her prince would come. Fireworks exploding in the shape of happy faces and hearts and all while Jimminy Cricket is telling us that all we have to do is believe. It was really something special, and as the fireworks were going off, my sister and I looked at each other and giggled, as we both had goose bumps all over..haha. Of course we did, how could you not? We were witnessing something truly amazing and beautiful. OH, did I mention how Tinkerbell flies off the castle at the start?? How could I forget that, with all the crowd down below gasping in disbelief! The castle would glow different colors, to add to the beauty of everything. People think Disney is for kids, but after seeing all that, I also believe it is the most romantic place on earth too. Just imagine holding the hand of someone you love while watching those fireworks, and seeing Tinkerbell flying overhead. Truly a place we fairy tales come to life.

No comments: